Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 19, 2009

25 Things

I thought that I'd start out by doing a quick 25 things about me post...

1. When I got married, someone told me that I would have a good marriage if I put God first, Colby second, and myself third. What great advice! I now pass this on to everyone...
2. I love being Southern, and all things to do with it. I'm a little obsessed.
3. My Southern idols include: Paula Deen and her butter, Julia Sugarbaker (from Designing Women) and her attitude, and Jill Connor Brown (who writes the Sweet Potato Queens books) and her dirty mouth.
4. I teach drama, but I really hate going to see plays (I analyze them WAY too much--it's one of the pitfalls of a Theatre degree)
5. The best show I've ever done with my students was Quilters: The Musical. It was just amazing. I had a cast of seven girls, and they were the most talented middle school students I've ever had. I've never been as close to a group of students since, and they are all in 11th grade now.
6. I love teaching, but I REALLY want to be a stay at home mom.
7. I am dissatisfied with the public school system, and think about homeschooling my future kids one day.
8. My best friend at work is 10 years older than me.
9. I have one dog.  We used to have two.  But TWO worst dogs in the whole world was one too many...
10. I have a cat who doesn't live with us anymore.  We excommunicated him to my mother's house, where he is much happier.
11. My husband is the most wonderful man in the world. He is hilarious. For example, the other day, he came home with a 10 dollar bill, that his dad had given him for helping him move furniture, and he gave it to me because I "had saved a lot of money this month." I wanted to punch him in the face.
12. My favorite songs are the ones Colby has written for me. One when we were dating, one when we got engaged, another when we got married, and the most recent one "just because."
13. I adore cooking and everything to do with it. I have drawers full of kitchen utensils and tools...it's an illness. If you're hungry, you just come right over to my house. I'll feed ya.
14. Since my in-laws run a furniture store, all the furniture in our house is from their store. And no, we didn't get it for free. But it sure is an awesome deal!
15. I am as close to my mother-in-law as I am to my own mother. I know, weird.
16. I have a collection of antique linens that would put Martha Stewart to shame.
17. I love doing laundry, except for the part where you have to fold and put away the clothes. So I guess I love half of laundry.
18. My husband and I go to Disney World every year. He used to live in Florida, and so he's literally been hundreds of times. I've been to Disney with him 6 times. We never, ever, get tired of it. And we're going in December.  For the SECOND time this year.
19. I eat mostly organic food (I try to avoid the "Dirty Dozen"), avoid plastic containers, grow a garden, buy free range meat in bulk, and make EVERYTHING from scratch. I'm kind of obsessive about it. We're trying really hard to avoid all processed food.
20. I love birds, and have a collection. My husband says that once I get two hundred things with birds on them, he's going to start a really trashy collection--like wolves or eagles.
21. Put a baby in front of me and I can hold it all day long.
22. My New Year's resolution was to keep my house cleaner.  HA HA HA HA HA!!!!
23. I asked for a freezer for Christmas...and got one. It's so awesome!
24. One of my favorite memories of college is drinking Cosmopolitans and writing papers. Another is renting movies and eating pizza and milk duds on snow days. Good times...
25. I hate scary movies. Don't ask me to watch one.  No, for real.  Don't.

(One of my favorites at Disney...The (Extra Corny) Country Bear Jamboree!)

No comments: