Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 24, 2011

We're Expecting!

After more than two years of trying, one miscarriage, hundreds of ovulation predictor kits and monitors, countless pregnancy tests, and night after night of crying in despair, we are finally pregnant!  We had our first prenatal appointment on January 18th, and everything looks wonderful.  Baby Martin's heart was beating, we've got two arms and two legs, and two chambers in the brain, which they look for.  We could not be more excited, and we have only God to thank for this miracle.

Sorry this picture is so blurry; it's a picture of a picture, obviously.



So from here on, I'll be doing weekly pregnancy updates:

9 Week Bump Shot:
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along:  9 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a grape.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: None.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I do feel some of my tighter jeans getting a little too tight, though!
Gender: We don't know yet.
Movement: None.
Sleep: I'm sleeping very well.  We've had so many snow days, I've been able to get lots and lots of sleep in, and I think that's why I've not been too terribly exhausted.  This week I went to work four days, so I was more tired than usual.
What I miss: Nothing really - maybe drinking real coffee or Diet Pepsi?
Cravings: I have on and off cravings, but mostly it's just hard deciding what I want to eat.  Once I know, though, I must have it, or someone might get hurt!
Symptoms: Nauseous on and off; I feel better when I eat something, but also feel nauseous when I eat too much.  Realized this morning that I felt sick, and remembered I'd eaten nothing yet! 
Best Moment this week: Seeing our precious little baby on the ultrasound!!  I will never forget that moment!

No comments: