Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Idols

Lindsay has a wonderful post on her blog about not letting healthy living become an idol in your life.  It is a wonderful, biblical discussion, and it really spoke to my heart.

I am all about "real food" and organic products, etc.  However, about two months ago or so, I realized that it is completely impossible to eat this way and use these things 100% of the time.  I was completely convicted about the "evils" of  processed products, and would feel very guilty if I ate something that wasn't on the "good list."  It was getting in the way of our tithes to the church, it was getting in the way of our budget, and it was getting in the way of my life.  It became an obsession, and therefore turned my thoughts from God.

So I'm slowly trying to calm down about things.  If I make a casserole that has canned soup in it, I won't die immediately.  If I realize that real laundry detergent works better than the natural kind, and is about $4 less expensive, then that's what I'll do.  I can't let frivolities get in the way of giving myself to the Lord.

Thank you Lindsay!

No comments: