Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 8, 2010

New Years Resolution

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


This year, I only have one New Years Resolution.  To get closer to my Lord.  Back during the summer, I was praying daily, reading my Bible semi-regularly, and going to church every Sunday, except during our Disney vacation.  Then, after my miscarriage, I just quit.  I didn't do it on purpose, it just happened.  I went back to work, got busy, and worldly, but much less important things took over my life. 

I need Jesus.  There are days where I long to be in His Word, where I long to talk with Him, and for Him to show me the way. If it weren't for His amazing Grace, I wouldn't be the person I am today.

This Christmas, I really reflected on what it meant for God to give His Son to us.  As I thought about my baby in Heaven, I realized how hard it was for me to give my baby to God, and how much it affected me.  How much more did it affect my God to give his only son, just to be tortured, and die a horrible death, taking on the sin of the entire world? 

So I resolve this year to spend more quality time with Jesus.  To rest at His feet.  To let Him lead me in all I do.  To know Him better.


"This is what the LORD says: 'Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.'"
--Jeremiah 6:16

No comments: